Mis(s)representation

I publish fashion posts. Women's fashion posts. Not because I am not aware of how important and revolutionary men's fashion is nowadays, but because I am totally in love with clothes for the feminine gender (to be understood, gender here refers to biological sex).
I like to believe that fashion is for me a door to happiness, but that doesn't mean that I don't have a constantly awareness of what is happening around me, even if it's fashion. I don't like ignorant people and for sure I don't want to be one of them. How many times did you think about how women are represented in the fashion media? You might be already tired to see stereotypes of perfect women, with perfect bodies and lives. Don't get me wrong, I would love to believe that things are like this, but they aren't.
Take for example an advertisement or a magazine cover and you'll know what I'm talking about. I, sometimes think that all the media is leaded by men who underestimate what we are and what we believe in.
This is not a feminism lesson, it's just a call to all intelligent women. 


1 comment:

Katharina said...

You are one of the most intelligent women I know, Miss Merlusca! <3